Friday, March 8, 2013

Romare Bearden

Yesterday Judith and I visited the Brooks Museum in Memphis, TN specifically to see the Bearden exhibit which was recommended by our colleague/friend/artist, Annabelle Meacham. The exhibit was far more interesting than I had expected. There was a video with Bearden explaining a number of his techniques and ideas. Frequently during the video we see him cutting out shapes with a scissors and pasting them into a collage, quickly and effortlessly. Incredible!

I've decided to copy the brochure and place it in the blog. I've not taken time to photograph professionally but with my iPhone so the images are often not squared or light balanced.

This quotation was in the exhibit but not in the brochure.
Cover of brochure






























No comments:

Post a Comment